***FREE CPD FOR SCHOOLS!***
Mosaic LGBT Youth Centre has been successful in securing funding from Government Equalities Office in partnership with LGBT Consortium to deliver an anti-HBT bullying interventions in Primary and Secondary Schools in London.
The overall purpose of this programme is to reduce the number of incidents of homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying in primary and secondary schools in England by transforming the culture of how schools prevent and respond to it.
The programme achieves this in three main ways:
- Finding ways to prevent HBT bullying from happening in the first place;
- Establishing strategies to effectively respond to HBT bullying if it does occur;
- Creating an inclusive school environment for LGBT pupils and their families.
The benefits of this for your school are plentiful:
- Improved school and staff confidence and capability to tackle HBT bullying
- A comprehensive development plan for your school’s anti-HBT work
- Support around creating and embedding policy and practice around tackling HBT Bullying
- CPD for staff, both teaching and non-teaching so all are equally trained and equipped
- Access to a range of resources including lesson plans and other supporting documents
- Access to a dedicated helpline for all staff to answer crucial questions as and when they arise
- Ongoing support for school staff on tackling HBT Bullying
- Improved Ofsted inspection rating
This programme will be delivered in one of two models according to your needs:
A “Whole School Approach” to addressing HBT bullying such as working with schools to develop and embed an anti-HBT bullying policy with further support for staff to embed and implement it
Targeted training for school staff to build their confidence and capacity to prevent and respond to HBT bullying and build a refreshingly inclusive school environment
In order to qualify for this FREE opportunity, however, a person in leadership like yourself needs to register an interest by filling in this form by 14th March 2017:
Mosaic LGBT Youth Centre’s mission is not only to help LGBT young people but also to aid organisations and schools in better understanding young LGBT community and its needs. We offer the following training packages (download a pdf version here):
- Inclusion of LGBT young people in practice (half day)
- Managing inclusion of LGBT young people (for managers – whole day)
- Supporting LGBT young people in care (foster parents and placement social workers – whole day)
- Counselling LGB young people (mental health-focussed half-day)
- Counselling gender-variant young people (mental health-focussed half-day)
- Teaching inclusively in secondary schools (whole day)
- Teaching PSHE inclusively (whole day)
Our rates are good value for money and representative of our level of expertise. Pre-tailored package delivery at your location:
- Whole day training session £670
- Half-day training session £370
(if two half-day sessions are booked at the same time the full day rate applies)
We can do a training needs assessment and bespoke training delivery for your organisation.
- Training needs assessment £150
Bespoke training development and delivery at your location:
- Whole day £770
- Half day training session £470
(if two half-day sessions are booked at the same time a whole day rate will apply)
We also run training events that are open to many organisations, to be kept informed please join our mailing list by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates per delegate to open training events:
- £97 per person for the whole day
- £57 per person for the half day
We offer 10% discount for organisations that purchase three or more places to open events in one booking (not necessarily at the same date).
Quotes are exclusive of VAT and all income helps us subsidise free services we offer to young LGBT people.